Swidget 1.0 2

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Getting Started

So, a couple days ago, my husband showed me a video about a woman who feeds her family on $4 a week for food.
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Parenting/mom-feeds-family-week/story?id=8463295

Well, I decided that I wanted to try this for myself. This blog is the record of those attempts. Hopefully I will eventually be able to match what she does. I will also post good deals that I find.
So, my first experience in this actually worked out really well. I was reading a blog "Couponing to Disney" (link at the right) and I found a list of free/almost free products, when coupons were applied properly. As soon as my husband got home, I sent him out to see if we could get it to work for us. Well, it did. We got 2 10 oz. boxes of Wheat Thins and a 10 pack of Schick dispoasable razors for free! Well, we did have to pay the tax. Unfortunately I don't have the receipt, so I cannot give you the exact amount that it started and ended at, but I thought it was really cool. Things like this will really be helpful in building up my stockpile so that I can eventually get the weeks groceries for very cheap, if not free.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting that you are just getting started on this couponing journey! Thank you for adding me to your blog list. Hope we help you out, if you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask. We're all in this together.
    -Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete