Swidget 1.0 2

Saturday, February 27, 2010

getting paid to shop?!

Wait, is that really true? I'm here to tell you, yes it is. I just returned from Target $2.75 richer. (Okay, it will be 4-6 weeks before my wallet actually sees the money) Here's how I did it. I bought 2 Venus Embrace razors ($7 ea), and 3 Olay total effects 7-1 body wash ($5.50 ea). One of the Proctor and Gamble (P&G) inserts (sorry I don't know which one, the coupon was already clipped for me) had a $2 off Venus razors as wells as a b1g1 (buy a Venus get an Olay body wash). Unfortunately, I only had 2 of each coupon, or I would have done a little better. So, Target has a promotion, though it isn't advertised, where you can buy 3 Olay body washes and get a $5 gift card. I don't know if any of the other body washes than the one I got were included, I scanned what I could find, but this was the only one for me. So, so far, here is where I'm at. $15.50 out of pocket for 5 items, making it $3.10 a piece. Not bad right there, but I also get that $5 gift card... $10.50 for 5 items, $2.10 each. However, Olay is doing a rebate when you buy any 3 lotions or body washes. $15 back, though it is a mail in rebate, so it will take time to get here. So, after tax, I ended up paying $17.25 OOP (out of pocket), but I got $5 immediately, and will get another $15 in 4-6 weeks. I seriously think couponing is one of the best things that has ever happened to my budget. I never would have found this deal before. Olay and Venus were always "too expensive" I think getting paid isn't too expensive anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment