Swidget 1.0 2

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Best Shopping Trip EVER!!!

Oh my goodness! this week was fantastic as far as my shopping trip was concerned. I went to a few different stores, and came home with loads of goodies. However, I think I have completely run out of freezer space now, but that wasn't difficult to do, considering I'm living in an apartment, and only have the small one connected to our fridge. Most of these deals came from multiple copies of that budget buster booklet from Maceys (though I used them at Ridley's Family Market as well), but I did go to 5 different stores. I'm not above going to multiple stores, even if I'm only getting one thing there. (as long as the store isn't too far) So... are you ready for the numbers??? I paid $29.07 out of pocket (including tax). The original cost of everything (not including the sale prices) $136.29 That is a savings of 78.7%!!!!! Oh my goodness! That is definitely the best I've ever done. So, are you ready for the picture and the list? I'm so excited... It was fantastic. I love doing this.

no pictured: 5 gallon bucket and lid to hold the 25lbs of flour
Okay, so... Here is what I got...

-1 Satin Care Shave gel
-1 Edge Shave Gel
-5 Quaker Cereal 15 oz
-1 25 lb bag flour
-7 Land ‘O Frost lunchmeat 16oz
-8 Armour Lunchmakers
-1 WF med cheddar 2lb
-4 Babybels
-1 Aveeno lotion
-1 Shout wipes (travel)
-storage bucket w/lid
-Snuggle liquid softener
-16 buddig lunchmeat
-super saver pork 2.48lb
-super saver beef 1.63lb
-2 big buy bacon 16oz
I was reeling by the time I finished. And most of it was more "need" than just "I can get a good deal". So yeah, people ask if couponing is worth it,  well, when I got 9.5 lbs of lunchmeat for virtually free... I have to say a clear and resounding YES!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yup, we got that Buddig lunchmeat deal too last night. I love paying less than a buck for 16 packages :) They were out of the Lunchmakers though.

    Question for you on the LoF lunchmeat though - in my budget buster book, the coupon effective date doesn't start til the 17th. How were you able to use it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was able to use it because I didn't notice that, and I used it at Ridley's, and they didn't either. OOPS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, not sure if you saw the flour deal at Smiths. You can get a 5 lb bag for $.75. They are on sale 2/$3 and there's a $.75 coupon on coupons.com and couponbug.com!
    I definitely stocked up this week!

    ReplyDelete